Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Restaurant Recommendation

We got our tax return back a few weeks ago and my husband was allowed $500 for repairs on his car. He didn't spend all of that and wanted to take me out on a date. We went to GoodWood BBQ in Orem for dinner. I know I said "Family" recommendation, but this is a great establishment that the whole family could enjoy, not just a couple on a date. I ordered their double battered chicken fingers (best chicken fingers I've tasted in my 23 years) and for dessert I had this:
Chocolate Fudge Brownie topped with Light Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, whipped cream, Low-fat Chocolate Ganache, and of course a Cherry on top!
Most delicious dessert ever!

Their menu is a wide variety of all classic favorites like the chicken I ordered, some house specialties, and then they have all your basic soups and salads, some awesome appetizers and adult drinks/wines/beer, and more delicious goodness such as desserts like the one above. I've also had their chicken fried steak, and my husband liked their brisket.

I've been doing really well with my New Years Resolution to not eat any candy or drink any soda, and I figured it was time to treat myself. (The only sweets I've had all year are 2 glasses of hot cocoa, 2 sugar cookies the other day, and a few chocolate chip cookies last month.) So I don't feel too guilty about consuming, oh say 2000 calories in one meal. haha The food tastes great, the servers and hostesses are very nice and their service is very fast and professional, and it is a warm inviting environment to enjoy dinner with your family. You should all try GoodWood BBQ in Orem!

No comments:

Post a Comment