Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Sand Dessert

The original recipe for this comes from my beautiful and creative cook of a sister-in-law, Shalane. It's is the most fun and easy summer dessert out there that allergic to dairy or not, your family will enjoy over and over again. Only 4 ingredients. Let's get started.
___________________________________________________

 ^First you wanna make the actual sand part of the dessert.  All you need for this is 1 whole box of Vanilla Wafers and 3 Oreo cookies. Throw them in your blender or chopper and chop them up and store them in a bowl till you're ready. 

*I must gloat for a minute... My mom bought me a ninja for my birthday. No, not a little asian karate guy or a kawasaki ninja bike, the most awesome blender/chopper system ever. It's amazing. I made this consistency of sand in the Ninja chopper in 2 seconds. I kid you not, I put the lid on and pressed it down for about 2 seconds and this is how it came out! I was amazed.
*
^Next you're going to want to make your pudding.  Jello brand regular puddings have no dairy and if you make them with Soymilk you're safe. So you need 3 cups milk of your choice, 1 box of Jello brand Vanilla instant pudding, and 1 box chocolate instant pudding. (Not the cook and serve like pictured, another lesson i learned from trial and error.) The first time I tried to make the pudding I thought it would be easier to mix them together in the same bowl. Not so easy. It would NOT thicken! It was exasperating and ruined so I learned through trial and error to mix the puddings separately then combine once they've thickened. I also decreased the milk in both from 2 cups to 1.5 cups.
*
^Once your pudding and cookie crumbs are done, layer them in a large bowl like so. My bowl was a little too big so I only layered it twice then I ran out of ingredients. A really cute idea from Shalane was to layer it inside a sand pail. How cute is that?
*
Last but certainly not least, adorn it with fun summer stuff to make this dessert sure fire family fun to enjoy. The only summer things I had laying around the house were a sand shovel and a leigh so I did the best I could with what I had. Next time though, I'm totally doing the pail idea. Love that and you'd have way more layers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment