Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

So yesterday I spent 2 HOURS making Valentines Cupcakes for my 6 year old daughter's class party. I  made, baked, cooled and frosted forever to make these little sweet cakes and I'm going to try my best not to eat any of them while helping out at the party today... We'll see if that happens!

I think they actually turned out pretty cute! Wanna see my mad Cupcake Skillz??


They actually turned out pretty cute. 

And the best part?
They are COMPLETELY dairy-free! Who woulda thought you could have made something so delicious without dairy? 

I also made them with no oil/margarine so they're lower in fat than most other cupcakes.
The TRICK? Applesauce. Just substitute the same amount of applesauce in the recipe that is called for for oil. Amazing little trick I learned yesterday.

Ya learn something new everyday!

Well, Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone's day is filled with love and fun!
(And hopefully not too many kids on a sugar high...)

No comments:

Post a Comment