Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Easy CrockPot chicken

No Cooking Experience Required! HaHa

I had to go home from the gym early today bc my little one threw up and so in the extra hour and a half before the repair man came to fix the locks on my door and replace a furnace filter, I did the dishes, (by hand) made my bed, did a load of laundry, and swept and vacuumed the floors. Now what to do? All this energy I usually use for cardio... when I didn't do cardio! So I sat down and wrote out a grocery list and decided what to make for dinner when I didn't really have a while lot of food in my house. There some chicken breasts in the freezer, but every time I make chicken breasts they are so dry. To bad I can't keep them completely covered in the oven right?

Or can I? Crock Pot time!!!

You will need:
4-8 frozen chicken breasts depending on your family size
8 cups water
chicken base, bullion, or granules
Salt & Pepper
Garlic & Onion Powders
Italian Seasoning
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or whatever olive oil you have)

*optional Liquid Aminos (if i had had any at the time I would have used it, it would go great in this recipe!)

So what I did is just put all the water in the crock pot then add as many tsp of granules as the directions on the chicken granules container called for for that many cups of water. Didn't even mix it together.
Add the olive oil, about 5-6 shakes of pepper, twice that of salt, 3-4 dashes of garlic, 6-7 dashes of onion, (I love onion!) and a few healthy shakes of italian seasoning.
Then I turned my crock pot on high and let that sit for a few minutes while I defrosted the chicken enough to be pulled apart. Then add the chicken breasts (I used 6) and cover and cook about 5 hrs.
You will probably want to put this all in before noon so It will be done by dinner time.
I actually ended up adding more salt in the end, it all depends on how salty you like your chicken.
Make sure you cut the biggest breast open and check to make sure it's fully cooked before you serve. I served this with mixed vegetables, pasta, and rolls.

It turned out great! Who would have thought such an easy recipe would be so yummy?

*If you save most of the left over juices you can make a really yummy gravy out of it for your dinner the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment