Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

So I tried my hand at making meatballs tonight to go with our spaghetti and they turned out pretty yummy. So here is the recipe as promised. It's actually pretty simple.

You will need:
2 lbs raw Turkey burger
3/4 cup Fresh soft bread crumbs
1 lg Egg, beaten
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp Parsley
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
Sprinkle of Pepper
3-4 tbsp Fresh Soft Bread crumbs

*It's really easy to make fresh soft bread crumbs in a hurry. All you do is toast the bread till it's ALMOST burnt and crunch & crumble it. Easy, right?

Now, I tweaked the recipe to fit my family size and use what I had so here is what I used.

1 lb raw Turkey Burger
1/2 beaten egg
heavy sprinkle of tofu parmesan
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Sprinkle of Basil
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
sprinkle of pepper
2 tbsp bread crumbs

And the directions are very simple. Preheat the oven to 375• and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Mix all the ingredients except the small amount of bread crumbs at the end of the list together in a large bowl with a mixer. (I just used my hands, gross, but fast and effective) Shape them into small balls. (using a cookie dough scoop makes the perfect size and shape, but I found it was faster to just use a small spoon and my hands) Roll each ball in the crumbs you set aside and place on your lined baking sheet. Dust with the remaining bread crumbs and bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. If you make bigger meatballs you will have to allow a longer cooking time.

Serve over spaghetti noodles and top with your favorite marinara or pasta sauce. This is also a fun easy appetizer that you can serve with ranch, marinara, and toothpicks. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. They look really yummy! I like the pictures too. Nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete