Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies

Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies

From the kitchen of my good friend Valerie comes a very tasty, allergy friendly cookie recipe that will leave you wanting more! I promise you cannot taste the difference between this and something made with dairy and eggs. They are wonderful, so thank you Valerie for sharing this with me so I can share it everyone else. You are awesome!!!

My little 18 month old actually pushed a chair up to the counter while I was in the shower and ate almost the whole plate that Valerie made me. What a little squirt!! It just goes to prove that Valerie's cookies are the best :)


You will need:

1 cup (2 sticks) Nucoa Margarine unmelted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1&1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
4 tbsp water
(the cornstarch and water are your egg substitute. 1 part starch, 2 parts water = 1 egg)
2&1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
2&1/2 cups flour + 2 rounded tbsp
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 whole bag Kroger brand semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need two separate mixing bowls. In one bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside. In the other bowl mix all remaining ingredients together. Add the flour mixture one cup at a time to the sugar mixture and blend well till all blended together. Slowly add in chocolate chips and mix into your dough.

Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes.
________________________________

I've asked Valerie to help me search for an even more allergy friendly cookie that is Gluten free as well. Hopefully we'll find something soon and I'll post that as well.
I also want to try sweetening this particular recipe w/ a different sweetener other than sugar such as Xylitol or Truvia. When I get the guts to try it I'll let you know how it turns out :)

Thanks Valerie!

No comments:

Post a Comment