Thursday, November 4, 2010

Easiest, Yummiest Taco Meat

So I am a BIG taco fan for some reason and I've been experimenting w/ my taco meat for a while trying to get just the right balance of everything with the right veggies and seasonings and all that jazz so here it is, my best (easy and yummy) taco meat.

Also, I do taco salad lots (just use crushed corn/white corn tortilla chips) but when I do regular tacos I use Tortilla Land's Uncooked Flour Tortillas. They are delicious! Best I've found in my 5 years of looking :)

You will need:
- 1 lb ground meat (I use turkey burger)
- 1 pkt Taco Bell taco seasoning (or your favorite)
- 1/2 can Black beans
- 1/4 of a medium white onion
- 1/3 of a regular sized green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- a little bit of olive/vegetable oil
- a squirt of liquid aminos (optional)

Suggested Toppings for Your Tacos or Taco Salad:
- fresh chopped tomatoes
- chopped olives
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- guacamole
- shredded lettuce
- salsa
- basically anything that sounds good!
So first you chop up your veggies real fine, all except the beans of course. If you have a food processor that's also a great way to go. I find joy in chopping mine by hand tho. (I don't know why. I'm just weird like that)
Next you want to sort of sautee you onions and bell peppers together in a non stick frying pan. Fry them just until they begin to brown and then you're going to add your raw ground meat and completely brown that.

After your meat is browned all over, add your taco seasoning and water and stir it all together well. Once your taco seasoning is mixed in pretty well add your black beans and turn your burner down to simmer. You only want to warm up the beans.
It should look similar to this, and it's as simple as that! See? not hard at all :) If you used ground beef (this is turkey burger) it will be a bit darker. Sorry for the crappy picture, It's from my phone.

Anyway, enjoy your yummy tacos!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are one busy mama! Look at all the delicious foods you are making. I love reading your blog Kate!

    ReplyDelete