Monday, November 21, 2011

Dairy/Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I don't know about y'all, but I can already feel my Thanksgiving excitement building. It just so happens to be my very favorite holiday.

One, it usually never snows on Thanksgiving... usually, and I really don't like the snow. Two, four letters, FOOD. Turkey, stuffing, fresh mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, mac&cheese, hot buttered rolls, pie, the smell of fresh chopped green veggies... need I go on? Three, every other holiday seems to bring drama with it, except this one. And those are the reasons that I love Thanksgiving.

In anticipation of this wonderful holiday I already have my brain set on the best part, the desserts. Oh yes, I went there!

So here's a little holiday treat that is gluten and dairy free. Cooked in a 13x9 inch dark glass casserole dish and cut into 12 bars, this delicious dessert has 22g of carbohydrates and 6g of protein per piece. Did I mention you only need 1 bowl, 1 cooking dish, 1 stirring utensil, your hands, and 6 ingredients? Let's get started.
The 6 ingredients you need are:
- 3/4 cup All natural Creamy peanut butter
- 2 Lg eggs
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour/mix
- 1.5 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, they're dairy free
Preheat your oven to 325. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13x9 inch baking pan.

In your large mixing bowl, mix together all the peanut butter and both eggs until it's smooth.

Add in your brown sugar and stevia and stir till all mixed in.

From this point on it will be easier to mix with your hands.

Add in the baking flour/powder and mix till completely moistened.

Once done, fold in chocolate chips.
Pour the entire mix into your greased baking pan and spread out evenly. Push down gently with your fingers till the top looks more like a cookie cake than a pile of sugary peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Let it bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool 25 minutes and cut into twelve equal pieces.
Using less sugar and a different type of baking mix did make them a bit crumbly, but they were still pretty dang yummy!
Enjoy :)
*I have posted the original recipe here at the bottom for those of you who have no food allergies and don't care to lessen your sugar content. I hear they are divine this way!

3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
2 large eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all purpose baking mix, such as Bisquick
2 cups regular M&Ms
Mix and bake the same way, adjust baking time as needed.

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you lately how much I LOVE your blogs! Fantastic girl, way to goooooooo........

    ReplyDelete