Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yummy Low Carb Treat

I was really craving something sweet and chocolatey and yummy that wouldn't put a damper on my diet the other day and so I decided to make some chocolate covered cashews.

This is the chocolate I used, semi-sweet and dairy and gluten free. Melt your chocolate squares or chips in a bowl completely. Add your cashews and toss well.

After all your cashews (as many as you want, but not more than you have chocolate for) are tossed and coated well, lay them out on a sheet of wax paper. Make sure your layer is thin so the nuts aren't all bunched together. I didn't have wax paper so I used tin foil which worked just fine. Let them dry for 5 minutes then take a single sprinkle of sugar and sprinkle it over the partially dried cashews. (Not enough to add any negative nutritional value, but enough to add just a tiny bit of sweet.)

Mine took forever to completely dry, but I just pulled them off and put them in a zip lock bag for storage in a cool dry place. (the first day I stored them in my fridge. Now they're in my cabinet.)

And there you are, a yummy sweet treat for all diet types to enjoy that won't set you back. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment