Friday, November 4, 2011

Easy Tofu Cream Cheese Sauce for Pasta

So I've been playing around with Tofu lately and one of my favorite things is Toffuti Brand Imitation Cream cheese. For those of you who eat it by itself like my sister-in-law, you'll notice a slight difference, but not a bad one. For those of you who only use it in cooking and baking like me, you'd never know the difference.

So this sauce is REALLY easy, you only need 6 ingredients.
They are:
8 oz Toffuti Brand Imitation Cream Cheese (1 container)
6 tsp Earth Balance Non-Dairy Butter substitute (or something similar that is non-dairy)
3/4 cup regular Soymilk
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/8 tsp Salt ( a light sprinkling)
1/2 to 1 tsp black pepper

Mix the cream cheese and butter together in a sauce pan over medium low heat until creamy. Add milk and seasonings and stir till the sauce thickens. It takes about 10-12 minutes total prep time. My kids have a thing for shell noodles so that what I mixed in with the sauce. Here's what it should look like when you're done! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

1 comment: