Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Easiest Pulled Pork You'll Ever Make

Ssooo... the other night I made pulled pork sandwiches for dinner and they were DELICIOUS! So I decided I wanted to share how I made them with all of you. They are the easiest pulled pork sandwiches you will ever make. Seriously, I'm NOT KIDDING.

All you need is:
*Beef Broth
*1 medium sized Pork Roast or 2 small Pork Roasts (which is what I used)
*2 containers your favorite BBQ sauce
*a Fork, a knife, and a Plate
*Your handy dandy Crock Pot

So in the morning before you go to school/work/gym/run errands throw the roast(s) in the crock pot with enough beef broth that it almost covers the top. I actually just added water to the crock pot and put a few tbsp beef granules in there and stirred it around. Turn it up to high. When I came home several hours later my house smelled amazing!

When you get home, 1 hour before you want to eat, check that your pork is cooked through using a fork. If it is (it should be after 6-7 hours) drain all the broth from the crock pot and put the pork on your plate. Using the fork and knife shred the beef as best as you can. Put it back in the crockpot after its all shredded and add all the BBQ sauce. Cook for one more hour on low, stirring occasionally, like every 15 mins or so.

I served these on toasted whole wheat buns w/ Baked Beans and Chips. (i just put one side of each bun in my toaster slots and let them lightly toast) Slather the pork on your buns and serve warm. You won't be sorry you cooked this! It's so yummy!!!

*This fed my family of 4 for the night (about 8 sandwiches) and has been in my husband's lunch the last 2 days on two sandwiches and we still have leftovers. I'm not a big leftover fan or it would be gone right now. My point is that this is a decent sized recipe and could feed a family of 6-8 really well :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Looks great. I could do it with chicken breast too probably. I am sure it made TJ happy! Way to cook Kate!

    ReplyDelete