Friday, December 17, 2010

Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie

Most people make Strawberry Banana Smoothies, which are delicious, but my all time favorite smoothie is a "made at home" Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie. And yes, I do like them in the winter time! haha So grab your blender and get to blending because this is a healthy snack or dessert that will have you drinking strait from the blender itself! I love using frozen fruit because then I don't have to dilute the milk w/ water. (ice cubes) I don't like using ice, the sound of it in the blender hurts my ears :(


You will need:

About 10 Frozen Strawberries
A handful of Frozen Blueberries
Vanilla Soymilk (I use light soymilk) (no set amount, depends on what consistency you like)
1/2 pkt Truvia (a sweetener made from Stevia, it's wonderful)

Put about 1-1&1/2 cup of soymilk in your blender. Add 2-3 strawberries at a time and blend well till it starts to thicken. Add half the blueberries and blend. Add some more milk if it's getting too thick, you want all those blueberries in there!

*here's a fun fact about blueberries: Did you know that blueberries contain the most antioxidants out of all other fruits? Pretty cool, huh?

Just add and blend till everything is mixed in. Truvia goes in last bc you may or may not need it. It depends on your taste buds really. My husband prefers his smoothies just plain fruity, not too sweet. I feel the same way, but every once in a while I need something a little sweeter so this is how I sweeten it up. NEVER add sugar to a smoothie! It ruins the whole Idea of a healthy snack :P

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment