Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's that time of year!

It's that time of year again! Once the last week of December rolls around you start to think about what resolutions you would like to have for the upcoming year and how you would like your life to be made better. In 2011 I would like to focus on EATING more healthy. Hence the post in this particular blog.

I happen to have two other blogs, you can come check them out and follow them too :)

So to jump start my healthy eating and I am going to quit my favorite sweets cold turkey. As weird as this may sound I actually feeling pretty stoked about this one. I'm definitely feeling up for the challenge, and that's exactly what it's going to be! One tough challenge, but I've heard that if you don't eat sweets for very long if you start eating them again they will make you sick, which is what I'm hoping for. (because i won't want to get sick so they won't be tempting!)

The 3 main things I'm giving up are:

ALL CANDY
(I crave it all, especially chocolate bars)


ALL COOKIES
(my biggest weakness ever are these frosted sugar cookies)


ALL SODA
(just all around not good for me)


Now, last year I made one major "New Years Resolution" for my over-all health and well-being (those of you that know me will know what that is, those of you that don't know me well, don't want to know) and I stuck w/ it all year long and am proud to say that I no longer participate in that nasty habit. So after sticking with that (as incredibly hard as it was) It gives me a little more confidence that I will be able to do another very hard thing this year, which is giving up all those sweets.

So once every couple of months I'm going to give an update on my progress and HOPEFULLY i'll be able to say that I stuck with this through the entire year and that I am several pounds lighter because of it!

So I would love some comments about what you would like to focus on in the new year and your ideas about anything else you'd like to share. Tell me about your New Years Resolutions and your plans on sticking with it!

If you'd like to join me in giving up these things as well, I welcome you to the challenge! We can do it! Keep in mind that quitting anything cold turkey is very hard which is why I have chosen not to get rid of all sweets entirely. I don't make baked goods very often, but when I do I get to choose what goes in them, (i.e. stevia/xyitol vs. white sugar & soy vs. dairy) so I can still have a slice of cake every now and then or a small brownie when I'm feeling weak. The key to all things is moderation and consistency.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Kate. I wish I could say the same, but I think I'm going to wait on the cutting of sugar till AFTER I'm done being pregnant. I don't get medicine or hot tubs or the endorphine rush of working out really, really hard. I NEED the sugar. ;)

    ReplyDelete