Thursday, December 16, 2010

Super Easy Taco Soup

So I love this recipe bc when you're a mom and you're constantly on the go there's nothing a like a yummy meal you can throw in the crockpot and not worry about till 5:30. And that's exactly what this is! No prep work, just toss the ingredients in and go! So I hope you enjoy this, the recipe comes from the kitchen of my beautiful sister-in-laws Shalane & Shannon :)


You will need:
-1 can corn, drained
-1 can black beans, rinsed
-1 can green chilis (i actually thought I had some of these but turns out I didnt so I chopped up some green peppers instead. If you have the green chilis tho, definitely use them, way easier!)
-1 pkt taco seasoning or 1/4 cup
-32 oz (4 cups) of chicken broth
-4 frozen chicken breasts
-16 oz (2 cups) of your favorite salsa (I used Tostitos medium, my hubby's favorite)


Put all ingredients in crockpot, turn on high and let cook 4 hrs. Take chicken out and shred it w/ a fork and return it to crockpot and cook an additional hour.

*If you would like to use ground meat (such as hamburger or turkey burger) instead of chicken you would just cook the meat up (seasoned how you like it) and add it before you cook the additional hour at the end. I like the chicken tho, but turkey burger tastes great also :)

I like to serve this w/ rice, tortilla chips, tofu sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment