Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chocolate Protein Shake

I went for a goo 3.5 mile run this morning outside, pushing my 26 pound daughter in her 15 pound stroller, uphill half of the way. It was SO hard and I was craving some serious protein when we got back to the house. So I decided to do a little experiment. 

I am currently out of protein powder, and I do not like the taste of the protein my husband buys, but it's all we had. SO I experimented.

Usually my experiments don't turn out, but God was smiling on me today because I came up with a winner!!! So I'm going to share this delicious protein shake with all of you so you can enjoy it as well. I have posted the nutritional information at the bottom of this post for those of you who are interested :)


In your blender mix all of the following:

1/2 C Light Original SoyMilk
(You don't have to use SoyMilk, it's all I buy because of my family's allergies to dairy, regular cow's milk works just as well, but the nutritional information will vary by what kind of milk you use)
1/2 a Banana, broken into pieces
1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein powder, I used Muscle Milk
1 T Natural Peanut Butter, I used Skippy Brand
1 Packet Stevia in the Raw, optional (I only used this to combat the bitter taste I get from the protein powder)

Blend well till you see no chunks of banana or peanut butter floating around. All you have to do from here is add about 5-6 ice cubes at a time until you get a consistency you like. I like my shakes REALLY thick.


And there you have it! One of the world's yummiest chocolate protein shakes ever. Enjoy one today!
This recipe makes 2 servings. A great idea with this is to drink half and freeze half for another day.

Nutritional information is per serving
Serving Size 11 oz, Makes 2 servings

Calories                        166
Fat                                  7g 
Protein                     11.75g
Net Carbs                   18.5g 
Sugar                         10.5g

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Looks fantastic, good enough to scarf down, yummy!

    ReplyDelete