Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's a Pita Kind of Night

Whole Wheat Pitas that is! Would you expect anything less of me? haha

When I'm looking for a yummy, easy, nutritious dinner to get out on the table in as little time as possible I turn to pitas. Pitas can be stuffed with anything you want, topped with anything you want, baked or eaten fresh, and are enjoyed by people of all ages. So, all in all, it's a winner for dinner ;-)

I prefer my pitas fresh stuffed with meat and cheese and veggies and dressing. Here are some of the things our pita nights include.

Fun and healthy side dishes include, but are not limited to (the sky is the limit!)
Applesauce, Pretzels, and fresh fruit.

Pita pockets, of course. We use Kangaroo brand whole wheat pitas with honey and they are delish. They come whole and we just cut them in half and stuff them.

Shredded chicken! I usually cook some up (with seasonings, cooking all day, starting in the morning) in the crock pot and shred it when it is done, but tonight I just opened up a few cans, broke up the chunks, and added salt, pepper, and olive oil because I was in a hurry.

Veggie Toppings my hubby likes include green bell peppers, red onions, roma tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. In jars next to the fresh chopped veggies I also had jalapenos and banana peppers out as well.

Other dressings and toppings that are great for pitas and lots of salad dressings and vinaigrettes, salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and cheese.

So here's our Pita bar, SO yummy! Check out all that yummy food, it's making me hungry just looking at it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment