Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strawberry Banana Post Workout Smoothie

I know what you're thinking, that does NOT look like a nice pink strawberry smoothie right?

Well, it is!

I made this one yesterday after a strenuous 4 mile run and hour of lifting weights and it was just what I needed. You're going to love it.

In your blender combine:

1/2 C Light Original SoyMilk
1/4 C LowFat Vanilla Yogurt (you can use soy yogurt to make it dairy free)
1/2 Banana, broken into pieces
1/2-3/4 C spinach leaves, the equivalent of a good hand full
1 pkt Stevia in the Raw

Once blended so that you can't tell there is spinach in it anymore, add:
1  1/4 C frozen strawberries, 1/4-1/2 C at a time
until it is blended and smooth.
Using frozen fruit instead of fresh strawberries means you don't have to use ice to thicken it. Awesome, right?

*Yes I know it's the same heart straw that belongs to my six year old, but it's the perfect size for smoothies and shakes. I like my heart straw, ok? lol

And there you have it! A yummy 16 oz smoothie that is great post workout. Enjoy :)

Nutritional information is for 16 oz, the entire recipe:

Calories                     203
Grams of Fat             1.25
Protein                         8g
Sugar                      32.5g

1 comment: