Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mango Pineapple Smoothie

Who loves a good smoothie?? Me!

One of the greatest ways to start your day is by having some fruit in the morning with your breakfast to give your body energy to burn throughout the day.

I've been a smoothie fan since I can remember, especially since I married my husband who is a fan of keeping fresh fruits and veggies in the kitchen. One of my favorite flavors is anything with mangos! I love mangos :)

So today I decided to whip up an experimental smoothie since I found out yesterday that Sam's Club sells a giant bag of frozen mango chunks. Heaven! I've seen bags of only strawberries, and other bags of mixed fruit with mangos included, but never mangos by themselves. So I bought a bag and I'm so happy I did!

This smoothie is big, low calorie, thick, and very low fat. Enjoy!

*Nutritional information for this smoothie are at the bottom of this post.

For this recipe you will need:

1 cup frozen mango chunks
2 slices no sugar added canned pineapple rings, cut into chunks
1/2 a banana
1/2 cup original light soymilk
1/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt (can substitute soy yogurt here for a dairy free smoothie)
1 pkt Stevia in the Raw® (optional)
10 Ice Cubes (if you like your smoothies a little thinner, do not add ice)

Get out your blender and add milk, stevia, yogurt, and pineapple chunks and blend together for 15-30 seconds or until blended smooth. Add in your frozen mangos and blend till smooth. Add ice cubes last and blend till completely smooth and moving through blender without trouble. You may have to stop blending and move it around with a spoon once or twice unless you have a Ninja Blender. I want one so bad!

Poor into a glass and enjoy! Great for meal replacement as it is a large enough portion to fill you right up and leave you feeling very satisfied.

Nutrition Facts

Calories                          300
Fat Content                 1.75g
Net Carbs                      62g
Sugar Content                53g
Protein                             7g


1 comment: